This concept is definitely NOT going to to be accepted in serious environments

First of all: thanks for all your efforts and it is refreshing to see that a bunch of enthousiast is bringing in ease of use into the world of IOT.

However: i don’t think that this ecosystem is going to last long because it relies so heavily on being online. The RPI for instance can’t run on its own without internet connection. Triggers and events, even if they happen locally, are not handled by the API so that makes the solution useless in real live. Because: internet can go down every once in a while and I never want to take the risc that my home domotics will fail in those cases.

Also the lag is hindering in real life situations as well as the fact that the IOS app looses connection for quite a while when going in background.

I hope you will take measures for these situations.

Again, thanks for all your hard work a I still hope you will succeed.

Best regards,

If you consider that with Arduino integration, there is the concept of Virtual I/O implemented.

This means a developer could build all the operating, sequencing, and shutdown logic into the program and share statuses and react to events using the virtual IO.

This has been requested for the Pi as well, so don’t give up hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No I won’t. :grinning::beers:

harry.rikken, I think you are forgetting that the Internet of Things is also reliant on the Internet, your suggestion is well founded but your prediction of failure is wrong. My hopes is that you take some time to explore this interesting world of IoT . Check out MQTT.