Trying understand mqtt comands

Hello,
due the migration to Arduino mqtt libraries, I am full of doubts and the cayenne docs sometimes are confusing me,

I unsderstantd the follow, but have some doubts:

max 60 mesages x second. In order to calculate properly It is included incoming and outcoming messages? ej activate an actuator or move a slider it is considered a message?

regarding actuators, teh dashboard needs a feedback about the status on the arduino ( I tested and without the LOG_ line the dashboard stucks when a buttom is pressed) but how it works really the comand? and how we must to fulfill it?:

CAYENNE_LOG(“Channel %d, pin %d, value %d”, VIRTUAL_CHANNEL, ACTUATOR_PIN, value);

on the docs section explains about validation comands but, how implement on the arduino code?
https://mydevices.com/cayenne/docs/cayenne-mqtt-api/#cayenne-mqtt-api-mqtt-messaging-topics-receive-actuator-command

and also, How it works in the Arduino code the error comands?

https://mydevices.com/cayenne/docs/cayenne-mqtt-api/#cayenne-mqtt-api-mqtt-messaging-topics-send-command-response

till Now with the same hardware I could not reach more than 3 minutes conected with MQTT. most of the time the arduino is ofline.

If I use millis the board could not be connected, see code:
DHT11 with millis MQTT.txt (1.7 KB)

and usingsample sketch from library I am lucky if I could reach more that 10 minutes conected:

DHT11 MQTT.txt (1.7 KB)

why does it happend, I dont like to use copy/paste method I would like to undertand but on this case I am really confused. new steps will use relays , sliders to control fans and motion sensors but if in a very simple thing it not works sure more dificult could be crazy.

What I am doing wrong is the ESP8266 used as a shield an unstable choice?

It is some additional sw required?

Advanced thanks to everybody whos could support.

After several trials I am still more convinced that the esp8266 as a wifi shield needs to be improved or change the way to use it.
any way the MQTT system is really really slow than the previous system.

sometimes for swicth on a simple led it tooks veveral seconds and even it disconnect…

I guess that the beginers as me we need to understand deeper how it works the mqtt system.

There is a FAQ post here that should help answer your questions.