Node mcu connection issues

yes arduino ide, ive tried both 80 and 160 MHz… currently using 160MHz

3 or 1mb SPIFFS?

NodeMCU 0.9 or 1.0?

3m spiffs nodemcu 1.0https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IK9GEQG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I’m assuming you able to tell its going offline by the dashboard saying its offline xxx min ago? Does it reconnect on its own or do you have to reset it to connect?

Id say try this. reflash to 80mhz, 1mb SPIFFS, upload speed 115200.

i set it up to txt me when offline i get 2 - 15 txt a day.it reconnects on its own in 5secs-45mins+ … ill try the reflash and see what happens

and why does dashboard only have 13 digital pins? blynk has all 16…?

still disconnecting…

hmmmmmmm… are the serial prints saying anything different?

Do you have a smartphone that you could download a wifi analyzer on to? I have used these apps to find channels that are not overused. If you are using a channel that has a lot of interference you will get a lot of drops especially with ESP devices. Also interested in seeing the serial output as @vapor83 mentioned

hmmm… i changed my wifi ch from 2 to 5 and esp has not disconnected yet, im gonna let the serial monitor run all night… see what happens

There is an issue with the WDT resets when using ESP8266 with Cayenne , no problem using other IOT platforms …

Check out this. Maybe it can help. From doing a little research, WDT resets are pretty common issues with these chips it would seem. I personally am running 2 different NodeMCU and 2 different wemos d1 minis, both of which run the esp8266-12 chip & have no issues. Just finished a project with a wemos d1 mini that involved flashing it many times with different code and never had a issue with the WDT unless it was not a good power connection on the breadboard.

@mlb1263 the wdt resets are basically your esp telling you that you haven’t called a delay in the time allotted for the watchdog and it thinks it has locked up. Start by checking that all loops have a delay even if it’s just for 50ms.