Working with multiple Projects - Schedules

Is there a way to turn off or disable a project? I have multiple projects on my dashboard and the scheduling seems to be for all projects, not just the one in the foreground. So if project A has relay 1 turned on at 40° and project B has it turned on at 20°, it will turn on at 20° even if I’m using project A.

What I’m trying to build is a programmable thermostat for my boat. It’s a 45 minute drive each way and I don’t want to have to take the trip just to turn some heat if the weather gets cold.

Sometimes I’ll go to the boat and spend the weekend. While I’m there I’d like the temperature at 21° C during the day and 18° C at night. I can make this work using 4 relays (Day Time, Day Temp, Night Time, Night Temp).
Schedule - 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM - Relay 1 is ON, Relay e is OFF.
Relay 2 is controlled by the DS18B20 Temperature probe sending power to the heater.
Schedule - 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM - Relay 1 is OFF, Relay 3 is ON.
Relay 4 is controlled by the DS18B20 Temperature probe sending power to the heater.

What I’m having trouble with is the away mode set, using a relay to turn the heat on at 3° C and off at 5° C as it gets adjusted by the occupied temperatures.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

@dacdiver welcome to cayenne community and sorry for late response.
can you simplify a bit about what you trying to do.

This is the part I’m not understanding. Can you explain a bit more?

What I’m trying to do is build a programmable thermostat for my boat. I’d like to have an “Occupied” and “Un-Occupied” state. Also I’d like it cooler at night than during the day. For this I have two projects, Occupied and Un-Occupied. The problem is when scheduling, Cayenne doesn’t seem to differentiate between projects. In other words, the scheduling is the same, no matter what project I’m in. Is there a way to turn off a project, so it doesn’t run without deleting it?

Ah, ok I see what you mean now. Let me ponder that for a bit and also tag @rsiegel to see if he has any suggestions

So from what I can tell there’s no way to create a trigger or schedule based on a widget in a project, it has to be from the device itself. So, I would expect to see the results you are seeing. @rsiegel I think it would be helpful to be able to create triggers/schedules based on a project (just alias it). However, that wouldn’t solve @dacdiver’s problem.

In the meantime @dacdiver you should be able to set up triggers for each of your “Occupied” and “Un-Occupied” conditions and enable/disable as necessary but that still leaves the day/night problem as I’m sure no one wants to manually turn triggers on/off every day. If you are decent at coding you can certainly work around all of this but it’s going to turn in to a pretty complex little project and that’s not the goal of Cayenne. @rsiegel adding a schedule for triggers is definitely something I can see being useful.

2 Likes