Arduino Mega 2650 w5100 and DS18B20 Not working

I think you can change the pins configuration (I was stuck with that the
manufacturers used). As long as you dont use pre-set ones from jarduino.
Not sure if i was able to help, but I wish you luck with your project :+1:

I’m curious, is that ‘Channel 0’ widget continuing to increment even though the device shows as offline?

@rsiegel The MQTT Arduino code could in theory be sensitive to time delays for message processing, though they’d probably need to be pretty large. The keep alive message interval is 60 seconds so if the delay in the sketch processing is less than that it shouldn’t affect the connection status. I suppose it’s possible long delays that are less than 60 seconds could prevent the processing of other messages (e.g. actuator messages) from the server. Though I don’t think that would affect online/offline state.

I will have to check to confirm when I get home this evening, but I believe it does continue to increment when the dashboard is offline but serial port shows connected. I’m assuming that that widget is showing data being passed back and forth?

Yeah, it looks like it anyway. I suspect that is an issue on our side that we’ll need to tackle, rather than any problem with your test or implementation.

So I just verified… Yes the widget channel 0 is still incrementing numbers but the dashboard on my PC says it is offline. On my smartphone app however, it is showing my project in dark text rather than light gray, which I assume means that it is connected as I am showing numbers incrementing on that as well. Let me know what other tests or information that you might need to figure this out. Thanks, Brett

Thanks for the update, we’re investigating what might be up on our side as we’ve found a couple ways to reproduce a state where devices report ‘offline’ (and then the web dashboard restricts actions as it would for an offline device) even while transmitting and updating widget data. Will update as soon as I know more / am aware of a fix.

1 Like

Update to test… I came home from work today… I am showing online on the dashboard, and passing data according to channel 0 widget… When I click one of the button widgets it kicks me offline on the dashboard, and no data being passed on channel 0 widget. App on phone shows offline as well and no data passed on channel 0 widget. In my arduino IDE serial port though, I am still showing connected.

We’re continuing to investigate the root cause for the device online/offline issues that a number of users on this forum are investigating. Appreciate your update, as the more information the better for our QA and development teams.

Bump… Update?

Hey @brett027,

@rsiegel is taking a much deserved day off today :slight_smile:

But about the online/offline issue, we have not been able to dedicate development resource yet to fix the issue. We are sort of “heads down” working on new “IoT in a Box” initiative that will ultimately keep the lights on for our Cayenne users :blush: With that said, this issue is top priority to fix when we are able to do so. I hope within the coming weeks. Hang in there!

~B

1 Like