Cannot able to connect Arduino Uno to cayenne

Hi,
I’m new to cayenne and i want to connect Arduino Uno with cayenne can anyone help me how to connect arduino uno to cayenne and is there a need i should require a Arduino wifi shield without the shield can i not be able to connect to cayenne??

Hi @vivekgs27,

Cayenne is cloud based, so yes for right now in order to use the powerful features of Cayenne you’ll need to connect your Arduino to internet. Have a local server version of Cayenne is on the roadmap, but still will not be for some time.

Welcome to the Cayenne community!

-B

1 Like

You can however connect your Arduino to Cayenne via the Serial USB Connection option if you don’t have an Ethernet/WiFi shield. You should see it on the list of sketch options when you’re adding the Arduino via Add New > Device/Widget > Microcontroller

Hi @bestes,
I don’t have any shield in particular to connect my arduino to the cloud. what i have is a ESP8266-01 module so could anyone help me how to connect my ESP8266-01 module to cayenne please and if possible please do send me the code

Thanks
Vivek

@vivekgs27

Bumping this old thread to share that we’ve just provided support in our MQTT Arduino library for using ESP8266 as a shield :slight_smile: We’ve done basic testing and works well. Give it a try for your project and let us know how it works out for you !

Here is the updated library on our github:

and the code can be found here: