Nodemcu connect problem

hi there :slight_smile:

i’m having some problems with connection my nodemcu 1.0 (ESP-12E) to Cayenee
i have installed required libraries and everything is fine
i just don’t know what example should i use
when i use cayenne mqtt examples like wifi101 shield i got this error message:
“Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).” :sob:

and if i use esp8266 standalone example i don’t know where do i get ( char token )
please help :frowning:

Hi @rapier.hu, welcome to the Cayenne Community.

Please see my response in this thread which should get you pointed in the right direction for adding your ESP board to Cayenne. The standalone ESP8266 example is here, and shouldn’t require any auth token, which is for an alternate way of connecting these devices. What code were you trying that required an auth token? Could you link for me to make sure this is correct on our side?

I guess i will retry installing the library and or board manager, I seem to have the same issue

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows 7), Board: “NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, 115200, 4M (3M SPIFFS)”

Build options changed, rebuilding all
r:\temp\arduino_modified_sketch_107766\sketch_jul24a.ino:6:32: fatal error: CayenneMQTTESP8266.h: No such file or directory

#include <CayenneMQTTESP8266.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

ok the file was missing, looks like i had to grab Cayenne-MQTT-ESP8266-Master library, not just CayenneMQTT library.
https://github.com/myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-ESP8266/archive/master.zip

Don’t rely on the Manage Library thingy to grab the correct library, just download and install the zip for the other library above.

then I ran the test code above (Cannot connect to cayenne with my NodeMCU ESP-12E board! - #6 by lagunacomputer ) and things it compiled and started working

2 Likes