Wemos D1 ESP8266 based - Works with Cayenne?

Hello Guys,

The attached code works fine when using the Arduino UNO and ESP8266 board attached to it (RX to TX and TX to RX)… Now I am trying to make it work with Wemos D1 board (which doenst use the Arduino but just the ESP8266 module) but I have the following error message when trying to compile the sketch…

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 7), Board: “ESPino (ESP-12 Module), 80 MHz, DIO, 115200, 4M (1M SPIFFS), ck”

Build options changed, rebuilding all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266HardwareSerial\ESP8266.cpp:22:26: fatal error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/pgmspace.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board ESPino (ESP-12 Module).

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Code.txt (588 Bytes)

Hello, Can you try to include and recompile the code with this:

#include "CayenneDefines.h"
#include "BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h"
#include "CayenneWiFiClient.h"

@cassio.lucass,

Yep. If you want to use the Wemos D1 as standalone without any other micro like a Uno, etc, then you need to run different code.

I suggest you run the supported MQTT code by going to the Dashboard and creating a new Generic ESP8266 entry, and compiling this code. I suggest you compile as a Generic ESP board also. Cayenne-MQTT-ESP/ESP8266.ino at master · myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-ESP · GitHub

If you still want to use the Blynk Method, search Standalone ESP in the forum for the code.

Cheers,

Craig

1 Like

ognqn.chikov Thank you, but didnt work…

@kreggly I tried both, and the Blynk Method is much easier… Thank you, it is working now.

2 Likes

Hi… As of now pointed at RasPi and Arduino, be that as it may within the community one part has shared a venture to form a battery fueled screen utilizing an ESP-12f and a DHT11 sensor. This screen reports its readings to the Cayenne dashboard. Just requested a few ESP-12Fs to undertake it myself. I have attempted their illustration code on a Wemos D1R2, but tragically it ceaselessly resets. (WDT). Having got the normal flicker program to run alright, I suspect I moved as well rapidly to something more complicated.

@DionGwinn Are you referring to the same development board as above?