Arduino Mega + Esp8266

There you go, pres and hold program, press reset, release reset release program.
Rest is up to you and your reading.

1 Like

I am using this adaptor:

I am not doing another circuit for 3.3v vcc because in this adapter you can easy switch to 5v to 3.3v
For tutorial i am using your video. Can you talk more spesific? Can you talk about what is the need to take photo?

This is starting to be funny.
Everyone else are being polite, but i will ask you, what are you doing on the forum then??
Since you are to stuborn or to lazy to listen to anyones advice.

I am just trying to make my project but cayenne is very bad at esp8266 connection. In thingspeak, connection is very easy because it is works. @Agroelektronik Just don’t type if you dont give a time ok? Just don’t type dude.

I’d have to somewhat agree with @Agroelektronik. We are trying to help you but you aren’t willing to try any of our suggestions.

The request for pictures is to rule out any wiring problems. Everything is pointing to wiring or software configuration for flashing. Wiring is the easiest to rule out and the first logical step. By the way, you really should take @Agroelektronik advice on the circuit using a good quality power supply. The one built in to that adaptor will work but it’s not rated to supply enough current for the esp (peaks at up to 300mA). I’d also recommend a beefy cap going across 3.3v to ground. If you Google esp power issues you will find plenty of information as to why.

One more question, how does thingspeak work if you can’t program your esp? How are you getting your program to work there?

@ozbayalperen1 this is why we ask you to post picture.from your connection it look like you are connecting your esp to serial and not to serial1.
so change the pins.

No pull_up resistors, no reset and flash buttons, :shushing_face: he rewrites history.

It’s kind of hard to tell, but with your FTDI adaptor you at least have that hooked up mostly correct. However, you have no pullups to put it in to flash/boot mode (see @Agroelektronik’s circuit above) . Carefully read then re-read this how to and you should be up and going.

Regarding your Arduino connection, I believe @shramik_salgaonkar has it right when he said you are connected to the wrong serial pins (at least from what I can make out in the pics).

Here’s another configuration for connecting Mega and 8266, after many researches I realized that the best way should be through a logic level converter. The picture is for UNO, but it’s the same on MEGA - just more ports

It would also work without resistors / level converter, but burning 8266 would just be a matter of time.

To test the hardware configuration, just load the bareminimum sketch and send the command AT in the serial monitor, it should return OK at 9600 baud.

NOTE that if you use the MEGA you should connect mega TX (pin 1) with esp TX , and mega RX (pin 0) with esp RX, other pins didn’t work for me. If the test is successful connect TX with RX and RX to TX on any serial port - you have 4

1 Like