Delay time

Hello everyone, I have very little feeling with English.
I searched the forum but I have not found (surely because of my bad English) how to lengthen the time of sending the reading of the ds18b20 on raspberry.
Sorry for sure there will already be some posts but I can not find it.
Thank you

which device are you referring to, an arduino or a raspberry pi agent.

Raspberry

if it is a raspberry pi agent you wish to do then it is very difficult thing as you need to change a lot of code.
An alternative is to use cayenne MQTT python library and send data at your own desired time interval GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. The addition of raspberry I was kinda surprised I’ve encountered alone the ds18b20 and have created your dashboard with all that data on the raspberry besides the ds18b20 sensor.Then wanting to follow your advice and install MQTT what should I delete than installed automatically?
thanks!

you need follow the installation steps provided in GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API.
in examples code Cayenne-MQTT-Python/Example-03-CayenneClient.py at master · myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python · GitHub add your MQTT credential from the ''Bring your own thing" dashboard and run the code. this will add a device to your cayenne dashboard.
Now, try getting temperature sensor reading from ds18b20 using Hardware | Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 11. DS18B20 Temperature Sensing | Adafruit Learning System.
next, you need to combine both code, so that the temperature sensor reading from ds18b20 is send to cayenne.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
But of the code that Cayenne installed on my raspberry to create this

I have to leave? format sd and start from scratch? just add the code you suggested and launch that script?

you can remove this device from the dashboard.

1 Like

thank you!
as soon as I can, I will definitely come back for help.

:pray: