Ultrasonic sensor

I. WORKING WITH AN ULTRASONIC SENSOR FOR WATER LEVEL INDICATOR BUT THE VALUE IS NOT BEING DISPLAYED IN CAYENNE.I M USING SERIAL TYPE FOR CONNECTION TO CAYENNE
MY CODE
test1.txt (364 Bytes)
test2.txt (618 Bytes)

IT WILL GREAT IF SOMEONE HELP BE TO SORT THIS OUT PLEASE

Try this

#include <CayenneSerial.h>
char token[] = "xxxx";
#define trigPin 13
#define echoPin 12

int duration, distance;

void setup()
{  
  Cayenne.begin(token);
  pinMode(trigPin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(echoPin, INPUT);

}

void loop()
{
  Cayenne.run();

digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW);  // Added this line
  delayMicroseconds(2); // Added this line
  digitalWrite(trigPin, HIGH);

delayMicroseconds(10); // Added this line
  digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW);
  duration = pulseIn(echoPin, HIGH);
  distance = (duration/2) / 29.1;
}

CAYENNE_OUT(V0) 
{
   Cayenne.virtualWrite(V0, distance);
}

not uploading values to dashboard

@iotsmarthomeajce,

Did you create a generic analog widget in your dashboard to receive data from your Arduino?

Cheers,

Craig

1 Like

i created an custom widget with vitual pins as input

I see you are using CayenneSerial, are you running the redirect script on your machine?

Cheers,

Craig

/*
Cayenne Serial USB Example

This sketch connects to the Cayenne server using an Arduino Serial USB connection
and runs the main communication loop.

The Cayenne Library is required to run this sketch. If you have not already done so you can install it from the Arduino IDE Library Manager.

For Cayenne Dashboard widgets using digital or analog pins this sketch will automatically
send data on those pins to the Cayenne server. If the widgets use Virtual Pins, data
should be sent to those pins using virtualWrites. Examples for sending and receiving
Virtual Pin data are under the Basics folder.

This requires the use of the Serial USB connection so you cannot use the Serial device for
printing messages. If you need to print you can use SoftwareSerial and connect another device
to read messages via the SoftwareSerial pins.

In order for this to work you must run the connection script on the machine the Arduino is connected to.
The scripts are located under the extras\scripts folder in the main library folder. This redirects the traffic
from the Arduino to the Cayenne server.

Steps:
1. Set the token variable to match the Arduino token from the Dashboard.
2. Compile and upload this sketch.
3. Launch the connection script as described below for Windows or Linux/OSX.

Windows:
	1. Open the Windows command line (cmd.exe)
	2. Navigate to the scripts folder by typing "cd [path]", e.g.  "cd C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Cayenne\extras\scripts"
	3. Run the script by typing "cayenne-ser.bat -c COM4" (where COM4 is port with your Arduino) and hitting Enter

Linux and OSX:
    ./cayenne-ser.sh (may need to run with sudo)

You can specify port, baud rate, and server endpoint like this:
    ./cayenne-ser.sh -c <serial port> -b <baud rate> -s <server address> -p <server port>

For instance :
      ./cayenne-ser.sh -c /dev/ttyACM0 -b 9600 -s arduino.mydevices.com -p 8442

Run cayenne-ser.sh -h for more information

Be sure to select the right serial port (there may be multiple).

ATTENTION!
	Do not use Serial to display any output in this sketch. It will interfere with the Serial
	USB connection. When uploading sketches the Arduino IDE may complain with "programmer is
	not responding" or "Access is denied." You will need to terminate the connection script
	before uploading new sketches since it blocks access to the Serial port. Also make sure 
	the Serial Monitor is disabled in the IDE since that can prevent the Arduino from 
	connecting to the Windows/Linux/OSX machine. If you use Visual Micro for Visual Studio make
	sure Automatic Debugging is disabled. Otherwise the Serial Monitor can interfere with the
	Serial connection.
*/
1 Like