Setting up Pi errors: SSH error, stuck on "Rebooting Pi"

What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)
Android

What OS? (Jessie, Wheezy)
Wheezy

What Model Pi?

Pi 1 B

Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!

When setting up my Pi for the first time on the Cayenne app, the Pi is not detected automatically, so I enter the IP address and then the Pi appears in the list. When I hit the install button it will either:

1. Can’t continue, SSH error
  2. Stuck on “installing libraries”
  3. Stuck on rebooting Pi

The app as well as the web browser have both indicated that the libraries and software have been installed, but it never leaves the “rebooting Pi.” The app was able to actually reboot the Pi but still never left rebooting pi message.

Other times it will start with just SSH error, or never leave “installing libraries.” Only once did a username and password prompt appear when manually entering the Pi’s IP address. I have the newest version of Cayenne installed and I have tried force stopping the app and rebooting multiple devices and logging in in different orders. I have enabled SSH on the PI. It may have to do with the University’s WIFI, so I will try my home network next.

There can be network restrictions. Port 8181 needs to be open.

Also, we don’t officially support Wheezy anymore :frowning: Raspberry Pi stopped supporting that version of Raspbian so we did too. I could try using latest version of Jessie FULL as well. Can you update us on your progress when you are able too? Thanks!

And of course, welcome to the Cayenne community :slight_smile:

-B

I flashed Jessie FULL to a new SD card and my Pi was successfully added to my account on Cayenne!

Thank you very much!

Glad to hear it! Thank you for updating us. I’ll move this to the Helped category. See you around!

-B