About esp8256

I don’t think that is Cayenne bug because the whole module goes offline, not just the connection.

1 Like

all types of method have been applied from my side to fix the bug which I encounter

I think one may be the possibility of my problem i.e. RX pin of Arduino with esp8266 TX.
maybe it is related to this problem…I think RX pin voltage gets lower down so esp goes offline.

What type of power supply do you have? If its just a computer or the like it only can supply 500ma max. With all you have going on you need more power. Use a at least 1amp charge cube and add a >250uf capacitor between the ground & 3.3v or CH_PD. I bet that fixes your issue.

1 Like

@vapor83
according to your suggestion, I buy 9v 1A adaptor.and 220uf capacitor.
I have connected VCC and ch_pd at a common point and give 3.3v supply to that common point.and connected +ve leg of the capacitor to the comman point of 3.3v and ch_pd, and another terminal to ground.

then also, esp goes offline.
am I done something wrong?? if yes, then suggest?

hmm. ok couple questions. What ESP is it and what AT version are you running? Also, is it just motors and the 5v relay this happens to? Doe sit come back online by itself or does it need to be reset or power cycled? I had the same issue with a 4 ch relay and it was a power issue in my case.

Hi…i am a new user here. I think the problem is that Arduino 3.3V regulated output (50 mA max) can’t drive the current requested by the ESP (Up to 200 mA). You can try with more power, but also you can try to power the ESP separately with some kind of external batteries?

Hello @LulaNord If you read the posts above, I already recommend it, so the problem is not from the power…:

ognqn.chikovCayenne Tribe
Mar 23

Hello, can you try with more power? However I think that the problem is that Arduino 3.3V regulated output (50 mA max) can’t drive the current requested by the ESP (Up to 200 mA). You can try with more power, but also you can try to power the ESP separately with some kind of external batteries?