Arduino IDE Warning: Uncategorised

Arduino Mega2560 with W5100 Ethernet sheild. Using IDE 1.6.13

Web dashboard

I used the guided method from the Cayenne webpage to select the correct board and model of Ethernet shield, then copied and pasted the code into my IDE. When I compiled the code, I got a lot of warnings (see below), but the code did appear to complete the compile process, but when I uploaded it to the Arduino, there was no connection to the Cayenne website. My Ethernet shield was working initially, and the Mega was recognised by the server, but now the shield has stopped talking (no LED activity on the shield)
Any suggestions?

Compilation errors
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library Audio is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library LiquidCrystal is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library Robot IR Remote is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library Robot Control is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library Robot Motor is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library SD is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library Servo is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library Stepper is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library TFT is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’

Sketch uses 18,546 bytes (7%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 665 bytes (8%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7,527 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Unused: C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Unused
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Unused: C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Unused

Welcome to Cayenne!

Do you see any errors in the serial monitor?

No, This is all it shows
[0] MAC: FE-B3-D7-96-E7-E3
[0] Getting IP…

The two Ethernet LEDs are not active, so I’m certain that there is no Ethernet communications. Strangely enough, when I first connected the shield it was talking to the Cayenne server, but after uploading the first sketch, it all stopped

Hi Adam
I didn’t wait long enough…
It eventually came up with a DHCP error

[0] MAC: FE-B3-D7-96-E7-E3
[0] Getting IP…
[60451] DHCP Failed!

now it is slowly repeating that cycle

It’s not getting a DHCP address then which can mean a bunch of things. What is the arduino ethernet plugged in to?

It’s plugged directly into my router. If I remove the Ethernet cable and plug it into my laptop, I have normal connectivity.

I’m actually curious about the compilation errors, which don’t appear in the web video of the same process. Am wondering if these are part of the issue.

Looks odd that you only use 7% program space.

Can you move your unused folder out of the library directory? It may be picking up libraries in that folder you don’t intend to use. Then restart the IDE and try again :-/

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Craig,
I’ve removed all the libraries that it was complaining about, and the basic setup code compiles without error, but when I upload it to the Mega, I still have no Ethernet connectivity. The yellow and green leds in the Ethernet socket are not blinking, whereas they were initially. I’ll replace the cable to the router and see what happens.

I’d like someone else with your setup to confirm the code.

I hope it’s not the dreaded ESD. It comes out in full force in our high furnace days.

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Craig
Just for grins, I plugged the Ethernet shield directly to my laptop port, just to see what happened, and low and behold, the port LEDs and the shield leaped into life. So there may well be something in my main router cable, even though it works for my laptop.

Brian