Arduino UNO and ESP8266 ESP-01

Problem with Arduino and ESP8266 Wifi
Hi, my setup is the following : Arduino UNO and ESP8266 Wifi (AT v1.3.0.0), Arduino IDE with CayenneMQTT library installed (v1.2.0), and ESP8266 SerialLibrary installed from .zip file in folder ‘extras’. On Mydevices.com page I created the corresponding Arduino device and 4 widgets : One Generic Analog input, one Generic Digital input, one Generic Digital output and one Generic PMW output. In the script I defined EspSerial as Serial instead of Serial1 because there is no Serial1 on Uno. (I had to remove the RX and TX wires from the ESP8266 when uploading the program from PC to UNO).
Results on Mydevices.com page : When I select this device on Mydevices.com page the widgets are shown but a window appears with the following message : ‘Upgrade to Arduino legacy agent 2.0 required’ . I close this window (click x on top right corner) and the widgets work fine (except the PMW output). But I also noticed that I cannot add triggers for this device.
Results with Android App on my tablet : When I select this device I get nothing but after a few seconds I have the message ‘No active widgets or sensors’. If I press +ADD, a window appears with the following message : ‘Upgrade to Arduino legacy agent 2.0 required’ . I close this window and I get the same message ‘No active widgets or sensors’ , without any widgets displayed.
Any solution ? And what is Arduino legacy Agent 2.0 ? (I don’t have this problem when I use the same Arduino UNO with an Ethernet Shield W5100).

there are lot of problems in your topic. lets take one problem at a time.
upload the basic code for sending the current uptime in milliseconds and see if a widget is created on cayenne dashboard.

1 Like

I created a new device, put the clientID of this new device in my problematic sketch and everything works. The previous clientID seems to be the problem. Thanks for responding.

1 Like