Arduino YUN WiFi support

Greetings,

I am currently using Cayenne for my project on my Arduino UNO + WiFi Shield and I must say I love it. I would like to continue using it, however, my shield is not working properly and for that purpose, I was planning to an Arduino YUN for WiFi + SD Card support.

But before I do that, I wanted to confirm if the support for WiFi is available in Arduino YUN board. The ‘add new’ selection doesn’t mention anything related to Yun WiFi.

Thanks.

Hi @shelatp,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! I’m glad you love it. We’re looking for feedback on the Arduino experience, so if you encounter any issues and have Ideas / Suggestions let us know!

Yep Arduino Yun WiFi support is available. Make sure you use the Arduino Yun WiFi example in your Arduino IDE. Let us know how it goes!

-B

I’m hopeful that my ESP12-E works. Arriving in the mail in another week-

Several of us have the ESP8266 working with no issues. I personally have added the 12E with no issues, so you should be fine.

@HighTech @ats1080s yep, and we’re working on releasing the UI for the ESP8266 as well. For now, you’ll have to add an Arduino device but use the physical ESP8266.

-B

Another quick question.

I was browsing the community and found several posts which suggests there is support for ESP8266. I would like to know if that support is also available for ESP8266-based WiFi shield to be mounted on Arduino?

Thanks.

:slight_smile: Well, I’m gonna make my “remote I/O” PC board
as small as friggin’ possible!

I don’t care what device I have to use. For now, it looks like the Esp-12E has what I need- SPI bus, working WiFi, and GPIO pins.
Remember:
I REQUIRE (2) 125Vac relays, AND
(4) GPIO inputs.
I don’t care WHAT I use, as long as it suits my purposes.

-and let’s not forget that I’m also gonna make
an ANALOG “4 input”, 2 relay version, too.
I need my analog inputs…
so I’ll need the SPI bus for a MCP3004

I’m hopeful that this group will make that wonderful drag/drop interface as good as the Pi GUI interface by the time my PC design is complete.

1 Like

oh- the Esp12-E requires an Arduino 8266? :confused: That’s not good!

I just installed/learned PUTTY a few months ago.
I installed Notepad++

I was under the impression I could download a small WiFi connect program into the Esp-12E (via Tx and Rx)/USB FTDI adapter, -using PUTTY,
load the Esp-12E utilities,
-then PUTTY over to the Esp-12Es’ WiFi IP
and load a program in the Esp12-E’s native tongue…

The Serial/USB interface only requires Tx and Rx (flipped) and Ground- to do initial programming, and download any “alternative” languages or packages that may be needed.
I bought:

and 1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-FTDI-3-3V-5-5V-USB-to-TTL-Serial-Adapter-Module-for-Arduino-Mini-Port-/121351210789
and 1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190992180099?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hey- I’m a hardware engineer, not a programmer… :confused:
-any help is appreciated and so very welcome!