Can not connect the remote device

I am a newbie with Cayenne but not in IT. But it seems that I am to stupid to get a simple project running.

I am using an Arduino Meg 2560 which is connected via USB. The first Connection (with CAYENNE_OUT_DEFAULT()) was working and I saw a value.

But now I want to reproduce the Luminosity example. The connection is OK because I can see the Arduino colored under my devices. I add the slider to the desktop but I can not Change something. I tried it via the smartphone app and there I will get the Feedback “Can not connect the remote device.”

I tried different ways. Firts with custom widget. Next with Actuators → lights → Luminosity. Third via Actuators → Generic → PWM Output. Nothing works. So I can not write the LED value back to the device.

What I am doing wrong? What is the trick?

Do you have any other way to connect to the internet with your device? The USB serial method can have lots of issues going thru your pc/mac.

Can you provide your sketch?

ESP8266 is still on the road. Ethernet shield not an option because I do not have network cable in the house.

The sketch is the example from the cayenne website. Extrem simple - i thought.

/*

Cayenne Luminosity Example
*/

#include <CayenneMQTTSerial.h>

// Cayenne authentication info. This should be obtained from the Cayenne Dashboard.
char username = “myUser”;
char password = “myPassword”;
char clientID = “device-IDe”;

#define VIRTUAL_CHANNEL 1
#define ACTUATOR_PIN 3

void setup()
{
Cayenne.begin(username, password, clientID);
}

void loop()
{
Cayenne.loop();
}

// This function is called when data is sent from Cayenne.
CAYENNE_IN(VIRTUAL_CHANNEL)
{
int value = getValue.asInt(); // 0 to 255
CAYENNE_LOG(“Channel %d, pin %d, value %d”, VIRTUAL_CHANNEL, ACTUATOR_PIN, value);
// Write the value received to the PWM pin. analogWrite accepts a value from 0 to 255.
analogWrite(ACTUATOR_PIN, value);
}