CAYENNE_OUT_DEFAULT----Widget adding errors

MQTT port 1883

Thank you,

will check with them and update you.

But as I do connect from time to time, doesnt this show that the port is not blocked?

not sure.

Shramik,

I also tried to telnet the broker.hivemq.com at port 1883 using Putty, do not get a refusal but the connection self-closes.
Is this how it should work?

here you can find why that happens Configuration :: HiveMQ Documentation

Hi Shramik,

I did try the following script with the same SIM card and it worked fineshr1.txt (6.2 KB)

I tried the same PIN on my PC using a USB dongle and managed to connect to broker.hivemq.com on port 1833 also succesully.

When I use the same SIM and the folowing script we tested I get all errors. Any ideas please?shr2.txt (5.7 KB)

it worked with what? did it connect to any MQTT server? if yes, can you share a screenshot of the serial monitor and the code for it.

The SIM card connected to the PC connected to the MQTT server using Putty. It did not connect through the Arduino script.

I also managed to nslookup the MQTT server’s public ip address. Is this not sufficient info that the SIM is not blocking traffic for the MQTT protocol?

well, try if it connects to an MQTT server using arduino script.

It does NOT I am afraid. Therefore it is not blocked by the provider. ANy ideas?

Not sure what is the issue here. sorry, but I cant help you with the issue.

Could there be a problem with latency issues? Any issues on that?

Will this code work with a SIM900 3G shield you would say?

cant say, if it works with to connect to the MQTT server using the TinyGSM library then it will work with cayenne.

This example works with SIM900?

Hello Shramik,

The script works with the SIM900 and I do gwet connected from time to time. The issue I am facing is that when I enter the
Cayenne.begin(username, password, clientID, SerialAT, apn, gprsUser, gprsPass, GSM_PIN);

Within the GSM setup section, the modem doe not attempt to conect to the network and GPRS . Script included

Shr GSM setup.txt (1.0 KB)

does the basic cayenne SIM900 example works?

No,

I get no output on the Monitor

can you share the code, serial monitor output, and the circuit connection.

Monitor Output is
Check 1
Wait…
⸮⸮⸮Check 1
Wait…
Initializing modem…
Modem Info:
Check 1
Wait…
Check 1
Wait…
Initializing modem…