Code won't compile after moving to new laptop

I’m not sure why my Arduino code won’t compile. I copied my 100% working code from my desktop to my laptop and it won’t compile any more. Based on “GetFileAttributesEx C:\Users\patri\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_129322: The system cannot find the file specified.” I’m guessing some file is missing, but I installed all the libraries (Cayenne, etc.).

Please help! What am I missing here?

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\patri\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\patri\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_216143 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\patri\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_129322 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\patri\Documents\Arduino\ASW_LAKE_VALVES_FINAL_a\ASW_LAKE_VALVES_FINAL_a.ino
GetFileAttributesEx C:\Users\patri\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_129322: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Here’s my code, if it helps:

/* THIS IS WHERE ALL MY CODE WAS – I EDITED THIS POST TO DELETE IT SINCE
THE ISSUE WAS NOT THE CODE.
*/

OK, so this is a little embarrassing. After a simple reboot of the new laptop, the code compiled and downloaded to my Arduino just fine.

Now I have to work on the whole update to MQTT to convert my virtual pins. Grrrrrr.

Thanks anyway, everyone!

i1Patrick

1 Like

cool, glad you got it!