Connect BME280 sensor to Cayenne

I am using an Arduino Uno with a serial connection to connect with MQTT. MQTT connects fine, but now i am trying to connect an Adafruit BME280 sensor to it. My arduino code will not upload and says:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

I have a feeling this is a problem related to my serial connection and not my code, but I honestly have no clue because I am not familiar with arduino or cayenne. I can send my code to anyone willing to help. Any help is appreciated.

Nothing in there seems to help. Any other suggestions?

Hi Sam in case
The solution for this question is that you have to turn off the cable connection of pin RX and tx while you’ré uploading than re connect them When its uploaded. Fine Pedro

but BME sensor is an I2C connection and i guess the RX and TX pins are unoccupied.

Maybe its any pin you have to connect

Obter o Outlook para iOS

Which pins are unnocopied

Obter o Outlook para iOS

Try to do this, you talk about a serial connection and I GUESS This pins are connected😉

Obter o Outlook para iOS

it maybe connected but the user never mentioned about using them. And what i mention was with response to info provided by the user.

I don’t believe the pins were wrong as I could run the sensor test in the arduino IDE. However, I decided to connect the sensor to an ESP8266 instead and I got it to display the data I wanted.

1 Like

well, you did the best as now you can connect to wifi and debugging is much easier.

1 Like