High temp temp sensor support

Hello, is there any time frame on when some of the high temp temp sensors will be supported by Cayenne through a Raspberry Pi? Like the MAX31850 one wire device or a MAX31855? It would be great to have a sensor that can handle higher temps than the DS18B20.

Thanks.

You can use them with the MQTT API. If that is an option and you need some help with the code I have some code I used a while back that reads a MAX31855.

Yes, I have a MAX 31855. Code would be great. I’m a little lost on the MQTT API.
Thanks.

Ok, I’ll see what I can dig up tonight.

Hello, any luck finding code or is it possible to use the Arduino example for the MAX 31855 in the MQTT API?

adam Leader
September 11 |

Ok, I’ll see what I can dig up tonight.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

adbrig4
September 11 |

Yes, I have a MAX 31855. Code would be great. I’m a little lost on the MQTT API. Thanks.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hello, is it possible to use Adafruit’s Python library for the Max31855 to make the Max31855 work with the Cayenne MQTT API?

Hey sorry for dropping out like that, had a wicked cold the last 2 weeks. I did look around on all my shared drives and can’t find the one I had for the MAX31855, only the MAX6675. That may have been the sensor I used for the Arduino project I tested out a while back. I’ll see what I can come up with.

No problem, is it possible to use a raspberry pi that has the Cayenne agent already on in and being used with Cayenne for the MQTT device?

Thanks, Adam

adam Leader
September 25 |

Hey sorry for dropping out like that, had a wicked cold the last 2 weeks. I did look around on all my shared drives and can’t find the one I had for the MAX31855, only the MAX6675. That may have been the sensor I used for the Arduino project I tested out a while back. I’ll see what I can come up with.

In Reply To

adbrig4
September 25 |

Hello, is it possible to use Adafruit’s Python library for the Max31855 to make the Max31855 work with the Cayenne MQTT API?

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.