Is it possible to send text messages to emails?

Because I have an iPad mini, and I don’t have a texting number, I have to use an email.

Thanks, TGS

Hi @TheGamingStar,

All of our Notification options in Cayenne should have a place to enter an email address rather than (or in addition to) a text message number. So I think that would be your easiest option. Let me know if you’re having trouble figuring where to do that when creating Scheduled Events or Triggers and I can walk you through it.

I don’t think this applies to exactly what you asked, but in case anyone is looking in the future, most cell providers allow you send SMS via email, but they all have a slightly different format for it. For example, I have an AT&T phone, and can send myself a text using this format: 10digitphonenumber@txt.att.net

Thank you, but that’s not exactly what I asked. What I meant was that on iPads, you have to use your email for texting, because you don’t have phone numbers. Would that be possible?

Hi again, I’m not sure I’m 100% following your question and want to make sure we’re not talking past each other. Are you saying you want to receive Cayenne notifications on an iPad via the Messages app? If so, is there an email address that points to that Messages app?