Sht10

Hi!

I would like to be able to use my SHT10 with Cayenne, is it on the roadmap? Temperature and humidity sensor.

//P

You should be able to add any sensor if you are using an Arduino

@demoboard
Right now I’m only using Raspberry pi’s, but I will set up that Arduino that is some where around, but I’m lacking a wifi-shield at the moment…

You could use the serial to USB for internet connection in the mean time until you get a shield? Also would be great if you could post your code once you get the SHT sensor working so the rest of community can use it!

-B

What happened with the SHT10 sensor? Yesterday mine was arrived so I am planning to use it with Raspberry PI. Can somebody help me to wire it? Also Sensirion has a library, can somebody give some help with sending the data through MQTT to the dashboard?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Any ideas?

Sorry mate, I haven’t had the time to write the code yet. I’ll give it a try in a couple of weeks since I need it in a couple of months myself. I’ll update in this topic when I get to it.

//Paul

What about the wiring? Can you tell me the wire scheme and then I will try to write a code also :slight_smile:

The wires here from adafruit:
https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/assets/assets/000/013/517/large1024/temperature_connection.jpg?1389100986

and it should be the gpio 2 (blue data) & 3 (yellow clock) VCC (red) to 3.3v and ground (green). I think a pull-up resistor will be required from vcc to data 10k ohm.

Don’t take my word for it, do some research and confirm my statements.

//Paul

I try to use this library, but with no success.

I still don’t have access running this sensor.
Somebody to give a hand?

I wire the SHT Sensors as follows:

Green wire - GND
Blue wire - P17
Red wire - 3.3V
Yellow wire - P04 Clock
I use a 10K pullup resistor from blue wire to red wire.

I have install the rpiSht1x · PyPI library
My python code is:

from sht1x.Sht1x import Sht1x as SHT1x
dataPin = 11
clkPin = 7
sht1x = SHT1x(dataPin, clkPin, SHT1x.GPIO_BOARD)

temperature = sht1x.read_temperature_C()
humidity = sht1x.read_humidity()
dewPoint = sht1x.calculate_dew_point(temperature, humidity)
print("Temperature: {} Humidity: {} Dew Point: {}".format(temperature, humidity, dewPoint))

When I run the code I have the following errors:

ERROR:sht1x.Sht1x:nack1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 7, in <module>
    humidity = sht1x.read_humidity()
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/Sht1x.py", line 78, in read_humidity
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/Sht1x.py", line 82, in read_temperature_C_and_humidity
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/Sht1x.py", line 70, in read_temperature_C
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/sht1x/Sht1x.py", line 157, in __waitForResult
SystemError

I have read in a post in the Raspberry Pi forum that some lines have to be changed, but I don’t know how to do it. This is the post with the explanation → SHT 11 Python Problem - Raspberry Pi Forums