100% CPU usage with Jessie on model B

Thank you for taking the time to submit your bug/issue! Please use the points below as a guide when submitting.

• Device & model you are using (Ex: Pi 2 Model B or Arduino Uno with W5100 ethernet shield)

• What dashboard are you using? (Web, iOS, Android)

• Please describe the bug / issue as detailed as possible. Attaching the code and any relevant screenshots would be very helpful!

I have an older model PI. I don’t believe the model matters much compared to what I’ve seen this evening, but I believe it’s a model 1 B.

You are installing libraries in /etc (which is WRONG), the expected sys5 init scripts, root crontabs, as well as some other method I have yet to identify to keep your crap running. As soon as I install it on my fresh, completely updated installation of jessie, the CPU goes to the ceiling. Then I have to seek out your shit libraries hiding in /etc!

Libraries belong in /lib or /usr/lib or especiallly in your case… /usr/local/lib/ NOT IN /etc

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

My apologies for the performance issues you saw on your Pi. You can always uninstall Cayenne using 2 commands if you’re concerned about files laying about your filesystem.

sudo /etc/myDevices/uninstall/./uninstall.sh

then

sudo /etc/webiopi/uninstall/./uninstall.sh

Ah, so that’s in /etc too. You should go ahead and add a way to invoke that from the android app like the installer, so I could get rid of it as quick as I installed it.

1 Like