Hi everyone, big day today for the Cayenne Community !
I’m proud to announce you the release of our new agent for the Raspberry Pi that will open doors to pretty cool new stuffs in the next weeks and months.
Also as you may have noticed, we deployed in the past weeks a new rule engine that should have improve your triggers and alerts experience.
All the Cayenne team wishes you to enjoy that release !
Please find the release notes below.
Raspberry Pi Agent 2.0
- Now using Cayenne MQTT API, improving reliability and latency
- Fully open source https://github.com/myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-Agent
- Fully written in Python
- Integrated WebIOPi Core 2.0
- Uses GPIO filesystem instead of memory access
- Installation time reduced by 90% when using RPi2/3 (50% with RPi1) on Raspbian Stretch
- CPU load reduced down to 1%
- Extensions, Analog and PWM sensors/actuators are not available
- Remote desktop is not available
- Scheduler is not available
- Data History for system sensors (CPU/RAM/Storage) is not available
- Mobile application (Android and iOS) don’t support RPi Agent 2.0
All the limitations above will be solved and added back in the following Cayenne releases
Rules Engines 2.0
- Improved efficiency and reliability
- Alert & Trigger are not working with RPi Agent 1.x
Agent 1.x deprecation
- Legacy systems will be shutdown on July 1st
- Raspberry Pi Agent 1.x won’t be able to connect anymore
- Arduino using non MQTT library won’t be able to connect anymore
- Affected people will be emailed through June
Please update your agents as soon as possible