Adding Enviro+ to Cayenne?

Hi

I purchased an Envrio+ monitoring hat board which plugs onto my Raspberry Pi. This board makes use of several sensors including a BME280 temperature, pressure, humidity sensor along with LTR-559 light and proximity sensor; PMS5003 particulate matter (PM) sensor and a MICS6814 analog gas sensor and ADS1015 analog to digital converter (ADC). The board can be found here:

Is there anyway of making use of sensors from this board to be recognised with Cayenne?

The pinout diagram is here:

Any ideas if this is possible and what would need to be done to get this working?

Also I have other independent sensors - not those on Enviro+

BME280
SGP30 Air Quality
BME680

They aren’t listed in Cayenne. Is it possible to add these within Cayenne manually?

that will be very easy if you know python. Use GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API to send the data collected from the hat to cayenne.

Ok thanks. Yeah I’ve got some Python experience.

Just looked at that link on Github and installed it on my Pi with with Envrio hat attached. I also went into Cayenne and clicked on Add new Device and Bring your Own Thing.

Step 2 pops up with connect your device where it shows MQTT username and so on. I copied all of these details into the supplied Example python Send script and run it. Cayenne picks this up!!

Now I assume to get Enviro to send data to Cayenne I adopt some of their supplied python code and replace the code at the bottom of the supplied example python send script?

Is that the correct approach?

2 Likes

yes, you are absolutely right. you just need to copy the enviro sensor code and paste it in cayenne code. to send data with correct data type have a look at this topic Data types for Cayenne MQTT API

great! and thanks again for your help.

2 Likes