Arduino Mega Pins

Greetings,

This is a magnificent site. Very nice job in the programming and development.

Looking at the Arduino Mega board, all of the analog and digital pins need to be brought out for utilization.
Also more virtual pins are needed.

Looking forward to your future developments.
Ron Wensley

1 Like

This little gem will give you all the GPIO you need- it’s an SPI bus GPIO EXPANDER chip-

Thank you for the reply HighTech,

I clearly miss stated my observation. I was referring to the Cayenne program and the ability to assign analog, digital, and virtual pins to a widget. In the case of the mega not all of the analog and digital pins are available when you configure a widget.

Ron Wensley

Oh.
Silly me! :wink:
Continue on!

Hi @ronwensley,

Thanks for your feedback on the platform and welcome to the Community.

With my Mega hooked up to Cayenne, I’m seeing:

Digital pins D0 through D53
and
Analog pins A0 through A15

which appears to be everything I expected for this board. What ranges are you seeing of each when you’re trying to make a widget? Or do you suspect my list above isn’t complete?

Seems to be an issue with windows ie. Chrome works as expected.

I am having the same issue here.
I am using a mega 1280 with a 5100 Ethernet shield and can only access digital pins 1 to 13 and analog 1 to 5.
Am I missing something? maybe a extra setting in the sketch that needs to be loaded onto the Arduino?

p.rikken Try using chrome. It seems to be an issue with Windows IE. Once I changed to chrome all was better.

Good catch @ronwensley regarding Internet Explorer. I must have missed your original post about it. I can reproduce with IE 11 on Windows 10, though I see different (still incorrect) numbers of pins than you for the Mega. Maybe it varies by IE version.

Regardless, this should allow me to make a bug and get this fixed. For anyone that doesn’t want to use Chrome, the built in Microsoft Edge browser correctly displays the full list of digital and analog pins.

Thanks for your responses, but unfortunately it did not work.

I’ve tried all browsers (chrome, ie and edge) even through the android app i could not get to show more than 13 digital pins.
Maybe it must have something to do with the fact i am using a mega 1280?
Strange because there is not a lot of difference between a 2560 and 1280, the 1280 has less flash storage but that’s no problem as long as the sketch fits.
Been trying to figure out how the cayenne/blynk library is build but after jumping from .h to .h file i gave up (for now).

So i can’t figure out if the problem is in the arduino or cayenne dasboard part…
Maybe someone else can point me in the right direction or will the 1280 simply not work, at least with all digital pins!

Again thanks for responding.

Maybe, I can confirm that the one I tested on was a Mega 2560, so not the exact same board (though reading specs I agree they look very similar). I’ll see if we have a 1280 in the office that I can try out today. In the meantime, in case it is not that, could you PM me the sketch file that you used to connect it to Cayenne, so I can check there as well? Also let me know which Ethernet shield you’re using to connect it.

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this

At the moment i have no acces to my laptop, but this is the link to the sketch i used.

Regards Perry.

Perry,

I don’t see the sketch that you referenced in the previous post. No rush on waiting until you’re around your laptop of course.

Sorry i forgot to paste the link in my previous mail, here it is.

https://cayenne.mydevices.com/cayenne/sketch/ArduinoEthernet/jon9xeg2mg/ArduinoMega

Op 28 sep. 2016 21:32 schreef Rsiegel <mydevices@discoursemail.com>:

>

> rsiegel Technical Product Manager

> September 28

>

> Perry,

>

> I don’t see the sketch that you referenced in the previous post. No rush on waiting until you’re around your laptop of course.

>

> ________________________________

>

> Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

>

> In Reply To

> p.rikken

> September 28

> Hi, Thanks for looking into this At the moment i have no acces to my laptop, but this is the link to the sketch i used. Regards Perry.

>

> Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

>

> To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.