Bug Filed on 03-15-2016: Webiopi Access

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Jessie

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

class 10 8GB

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

Pi2

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

I have been using webiopi for a long time, now with my devices cayenne i see that if i change the password for the webiopi i loose access to the RPi. But now im not safe outside my lan. If anyone has my external ip can have access to my RPi.
How can i change my webiopi password and Port (8000) for more secure access to my RPi

Hi, this is a know issue, that we will fix in a later release

1 Like

Hi @helder-rodrigues,

This issue was fixed some time ago. I’m playing catch-up on topics, sorry for not notifying you sooner. Let us know if you continue to have issues with this. Thanks!

-B

1 Like

Like @helder-rodrigues, I too have been using webiopi for some time on this Pi, successfully posting video and IO data to the web, using DynDns for access with a port assignment of 8000.
After installing MyDevices.Cheyenne yesterday Aug13/2016, my (any) browser request to either the DynDns address or the local ip address prompts for a username and password. The browser request to your page would correctly display the Pi’s mem,cpu usages etc without a username/password…

Can you supply more specific information on resolving this problem, so I can access both applications?

@eptak