Bug Filed on 03-22-2016: Live Graph

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Jessie

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

UHS 1 / 16GB

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

B

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

I’ve 5 DS18B20s and It seems like the live graphs are buggy/laggy. I think the data is being recorded. When I look at the minutes and hours graphs it’s there, but live acts strange.

Live:

Minutes:

It might be nice to have access to the actual data and see what is being recorded, is it stored on the Pi somewhere we can look at?

It’s a bug, they are working on it.

@jhovak Yep, we’re fixing it. In short, Cayenne would only get data points every 30 seconds, and Cayenne would also remove any data point older than 60 secs. So, unless the temperature was increasing very rapidly during a short period of time, the graph seemed to look rather dead. We’re changing the graph to store data points older than 60 secs on the live graph to add better UX here.

Thanks for linking the posts @ats1080s

-B

That makes sense, but why don’t all 4 graphs looks the same with only 2 data points? Two have 1 point, another has 2 and the fourth has 4 points. That’s what made me think I may be experiencing something else.

@bestes Will Cayenne ever record data any more frequently than every 30 seconds?

@jhovak @ats1080s We released a fix for this.

@jhovak Do you see it recording data more frequently with new graphs?

-B