Cayenne Power Meter

About This Project

I belong to a village of Odisha, India where frequent power cut is very common. It hampers the life of every one. During my childhood days continuing studies after dusk was a real challenge. Due to this problem I designed a solar system for my home on a experimental basis. I used a solar panel of 10 Watt ,6V for lighting few bright LEDs. After facing lot of hardships the project was successful. Then I decided to monitor the voltage, current, power & energy involved in the system. This brought the idea of designing an ENERGY METER.I used ARDUINO as the heart of this project because it is very easy to write code in its IDE and there are huge numbers of open source library available in the internet which can be used according to the requirement.I have experimented the project for very small rated (10Watt) solar system but this can be easily modified to use for higher rating system.

2 Likes

Very cool project, thank you for sharing with us. Out of curiosity, how large a solar panel is that, in order to power these LEDs (or presumably, a battery which then powers the LEDs at night)? Do you find that you are pushing the system to its limit, or could you add more LEDs to it while still maintaining power all night?

I like!

Could you please upload the sketch that you used, thanks :slight_smile:

Tagging @sure13416.ec to be sure they see that you posted this. Hopefully they are still around! :slight_smile:

Cool project. Could you please share your sketch.

thanks,

How to connectlcd and cayenne?

I’m not sure on the specifics of his project, but currently there’s no way to interface with an LCD with the Cayenne libraries. In his sketch he most likely included a library for his LCD and is driving the text from the Arduino itself and not from Cayenne.