Dashboard malfunction, Projects erased

Update:

My device dashboards are back to normal. All gauges and line-charts back to values.

The line-chart problem in previous post seems to be restricted to projects with multi-line graphs. ???

The REST API issue persists. I notice that the new access-token and refresh tokens are both about 1400 bytes long, whereas the old access token for my account was about 600 and the refresh token was about 50 I think. So lots of parameters added, and some problem with the signature.

I think 1mo, 3mo, 6mo graphs have been implemented, but they don’t start with a full compliment of data, rather just the most recent week in a 1 month graph. That might be a feature not a bug … to cut down on excessive data demands.

Hi, finally got my Dashboard back to normal as below.
All were automatically added green Widgets possibly after modifying Cayenne.virtualWrite()'s to:
if (millis() - lastMillis > 20000)
{ lastMillis = millis();
Cayenne.virtualWrite(0, millis(), “analog_sensor”, “null”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(1, RTC.minute(), “analog_sensor”, “null”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(4, (localhour), “analog_sensor”, “null”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(3, digitalRead(pumpstate), “digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(5, (numberOfInterrupts), “analog_sensor”, “null”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(12, (wifirecount), “analog_sensor”, “null”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(6, (tanklow),“digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(7, (tankfull), “digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(8, (batlow), “digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(9, (solon), “digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(10, (solshort), “digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(11, (rain), “digital_sensor”, “d”);
Cayenne.virtualWrite(14, (resetcount), “analog_sensor”, “null”);
Serial.print(“.”);

Issue: I have made all Analog widgets 0 decimal places but this is not transfered to the APP widgets which display 2 decimals and is not editable in the APP.
Also in the APP it doesn’t save widget positions in it’s dashboard.
I have also updated to latest APP version with same issue.

@jameszahary can you provide more details on this issue so we can look into it.
The REST API issue and the issue with graph we are looking into it.

@snowy currently we don’t have an option to set the desired decimal places on the mobile app which we will have in future.
We are aware of the bug where widgets do not hold their position in the app dashboard and team is working on it.
Regarding your code, you might want to check the different data types available Data types for Cayenne MQTT API

https://cayenne.mydevices.com/shared/5b803bd80f8838299531fbe6

Here is a shared link to a single 2-line graph showing the temperature and sunlight in my greenhouse. It updates two sensors, every 5 minutes. The minute and hour graphs are fine, but the day, week, etc just show a single datapoint (or two) at the far right side of the graph. The mouse-wheel technique to expand and shrink and pan the data all works.

I would prioritize this issue much lower than the rest-api issue. :grinning:

Hi! Any news about my problem? control is back but I still have problems in APP with GPIO panel, and my dashboard has more widgets that I created. Maybe should I erase or reset my dashboard

Don’t use “reset dashboard”

1 Like

@stefschin If you don’t mind losing the data, you can try removing your devices and reinstall, should bring all your devices working again. Also, if you do, make sure the Pi is online while removing it.

Otherwise, we will take another peek at your account. We’ve been fixing issues that are more widespread and we believe things should be very stable now.

1 Like