Bug Filed on 03-28-2016: Chrome Dashboard Shows Offline, Android App Connected

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Jessie

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

class?? 8gb

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

A (original, oldy goldy)

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

My dashboard through the chrome browser continually shows offline, even after obliterating the cache. RAM, CPU, DISK Show 0 and button icons are missing.

Through the Android app, everything is hunky dory and I can toggle IO, and see activity on the canned widgets.

Looking at the console messages, I am getting this:

https://cloud-1889439c.mydevices.com:5002/socket.io/1/?t=1458856629119 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Hmmmm.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Weird.
Can you PM your Pi ID? It’s at the end of your URL when on your dashboard, looks like this:

V03-2C49H78M-3737-3078-3431-74DA-3842-38TQ

Also, have you used the Pi A previously with Cayenne? Or is this first time trying Pi A?

-B

I’ve been using it all along. Just upgrading the image along with the cayenne builds.

We’re looking into this, will update you when we have something, or if we need more info. Thanks for working with us on this.
-B

Resolving this. The issue is that Cayenne uses port 5002 which is blocked on most corporate networks.

Cayenne team aware of this limitation and considering re-design.

-B

V03-36AD0395-3537-3078-3431-E772-6BB8-5341 this is my Pi ID i am also facing the same problem. i am using raspbeian jessie and Pi2 B+ MODEL

Hi @ankita.mohanta061 welcome to the Cayenne Community!

Are you on a corporate network?

-B

I have the same issue. The dashboard shows offline in Chrome but it works fine in Firefox on the same network.

OSX 50.0.2661.75

I have the same issue. I have duplicated this problem several times, everytime I add my RaspberryPi device to my Android phone the local RaspberryPi web version stops working and says “Offline”. So far I haven’t seen a fix or work around.
Can anybody help???

Setup:
-Raspberry Pi3 B
-Jessie then upgraded to “stretch” (but that didn’t fix the problem.)
-16GB SD card
-3 amp power supply

Rick

If you are adding a device to your Android account then you have two different accounts set up. If you log in with the same account on your phone and computer you will see the same dashboard in both places. Does that help?