Hysteresis on sensors

i asked this elsewhere, but applies to standard pi too.

I have not had too much time to play yet. Is there a hysteresis function for sensors. So if temp is > X , switch on relay, then switch off at a temp = y or X -n, etc.

I agree say a nominat 5% or 10% threshold could save an awful lot of txt / e-mail on a hovering value !
Looks like the kind of thing that could be fixed with a bit of code.py in a sand box like have a digital that is SET if X > A and RESET if X < B etc…
~ Andrew

The idea is to deal with various opportunities, one could control an air conditioner, so instead of having the air conditioner coming on for short periods to drop 1 degree, one can let the temperature drop a defined amount before the AC gets turned off again. This is much better for the AC than to be switched on for short periods. I know that ACs regulate temperature, however not always wher you want it regulated.

This is just an example, same applies to things like water level in a tank, etc, etc.

1 Like

The goal is to allow this with the release of custom coding for Raspberry Pi, as well as ability to use code in trigger logic. :slight_smile:
-B

Custom code in the Pi will be Sooo good and let machine heads rip into some mad algorithm solutions.

Let us know when there is something to start tinkering / testing

~ Andrew

You will be the first to know :slight_smile:
-B

Goos day, is there any feedback on this functionality yet ?

• E

Hi @edman,

No, we are currently working on getting an API released. This will be done sometime after that. Hang in there!

-B

Looking forward.
DO contact us when it comes to capturing some good key ideas as there are a few gadgets that will be soo good just by making sure they are turned on…
~ Andrew

Has this ever been implemented?

this feature will not be added to cayenne.

Thanks