Jessie light now supported?

Hi,

today I signed up and tried via the app on one pi and via the Terminal to install on the other raspberry pi

with no success. Then I found here that are some problems with Jessie light and about a workaround with
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
I still got lots of errors.

My questions are:

Doe’s Cayenne runs on Jessie light and is there any special procedure to install?

How can I clear the installing process on my iPhone?

How can I remove partly installed Cayenne Software from the pi?

Thanks in advance

Hi @ronspahn,

Welcome to the Cayenne community! Cayenne does run on Jessie Lite, no need for the workaround.

Probably easiest to put a clean image of Jessie Lite back on your SD card.

-B

Thanks for your answer. A fresh install is not that easy, because I have Jessie lite on 6 pi’s running a home automation. At this moment it is not an option, due to limited time.
If a new OS Install is the only option I have to skip this project for a while.

One thing I wonder about. On my iPhone app I can choose wich RPI I want to configure. On my iMac Dashboard I am not asked about wich RPI to configure.

How ever I got on one pi as far as:

…/myDevices-1.0/python/myDevices/utils/init.py
./myDevices-1.0/python/myDevices/utils/mutex.py
./myDevices-1.0/python/setup.py
./myDevices-1.0/python/myDevices.sh
./myDevices-1.0/ca.crt

• cd /home/pi/myDevices-1.0
  • chmod +x /home/pi/myDevices-1.0/setup.sh
  • bash -x /home/pi/myDevices-1.0/setup.sh -code pyefwr9x2w -v
  • set -x
  • exec
    (0%)
    Mi 12. Okt 15:13:16 CEST 2016 Installing myDevices agent
    Mi 12. Okt 15:13:26 CEST 2016 Found Python 3.4.2…
    (50%)
    Mi 12. Okt 15:13:26 CEST 2016 Copying agent libraries
    (55%)
    Mi 12. Okt 15:13:46 CEST 2016 Installing python utils
    (60%)
    Mi 12. Okt 15:14:02 CEST 2016 Installing software components
    Mi 12. Okt 15:14:03 CEST 2016 Trying to install myDevices for python3 version: Python 3.4.2
    Mi 12. Okt 15:14:04 CEST 2016 Build for Python 3.4.2 failed\n

@bestes I thought the new installer script automatically installed the python dev headers if they are not installed? If not, probably a good idea to add it in.

@ronspahn you can install them manually using “sudo apt-get install python-dev” that should get you past that error.

I have the same problem and when I try to make it manually this message appears:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install python-dev
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
expect : Depends: tcl8.5 (>= 8.5.0) but it is not going to be installed
libexpat1-dev : Depends: libexpat1 (= 2.1.0-6+deb8u1) but 2.1.0-6+deb8u3 is to be installed
python-dev : Depends: libpython-dev (= 2.7.9-1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python2.7-dev (>= 2.7.9-1~) but it is not going to be installed
tightvncserver : Depends: x11-common but it is not going to be installed or
xserver-common but it is not going to be installed
Depends: x11-utils but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: x11-xserver-utils but it is not going to be installed
xfonts-base : Depends: xfonts-utils (>= 1:7.5+2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).

You can disregard my other post since it looks like you found this. I would suggest just trying the command apt-get gave you apt-get -f install then try to install again.

Yea, I ran successfully:

• apt-get -f install
  • apt-get install python-dev

But when I execute again sudo bash rpi_k7tfp7k0i2.sh -v I get the following error:

(0%) Mon 17 Oct 15:07:32 CEST 2016 Installing myDevices agent 0 Mon 17 Oct 15:07:38 CEST 2016 Found Python 3.4.2... (50%) Mon 17 Oct 15:07:38 CEST 2016 Copying agent libraries (55%) Mon 17 Oct 15:08:08 CEST 2016 Installing python utils (60%) Mon 17 Oct 15:08:18 CEST 2016 Installing software components Mon 17 Oct 15:08:20 CEST 2016 Trying to install myDevices for python3 version: Python 3.4.2 Mon 17 Oct 15:08:21 CEST 2016 Build for Python 3.4.2 failed\n

What do you get when you use the command “python -V” and “python3 -V”? those are capital V’s btw.

Hi Adam

This is the output

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python -V Python 2.7.9 pi@raspberrypi:~ $ python3 -V Python 3.4.2

Hmm…everything looks good. This is a question for @bestes or @eptak I guess

@bestes or @eptak, any advice?
TIA

Managed to use Jessie light after “unofficial fix”:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install python3.4
sudo apt-get -f install

1 Like

Kewl!