Low battery alert

Hello all !

I have idea but maybe it also working, it’s possible to have trigger for alert when battery is low ( when rasp work on battery ) ? it’s can be good idea i think !

Tell me more !

Bye

1 Like

Hello,
I know this project, but I have never build my own version:

Also Spakrfun has a product, that might help to you:

Please check these and then we can discuss more ideas :wink:

I Thibault il.s can be better idéal, on raspberry you can see if you batterie is low. If we can found this program we can put on Cayenne, maybe, i don.t Know if it.s possible…

Sorry if is not clear, i.m not english !

And sorry if Word is not correct i write on my phone and it’s programmed on french it.s big problem with autocorrection…

1 Like

Don’t worry. I understand what you mean. I will try to find a solution!

@adrien.testas @ognqn.chikov

Hmmm, is there a way you can send that battery level to Cayenne so we can create a widget for it?

~B

@ognqn.chikov @rsiegel @bestes what about this. Arduino Battery Voltage Indicator : 5 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables
then send the value to cayenne guage widget.
i have not tired this but i think it should work.

1 Like

If you can get a Battery voltage, percentage, or ratio calculated, we have a nifty battery widget available through the MQTT API!

A statement like client.virtualWrite(5, batteryPercentage, "batt", "p") will populate it:

BatteryWidget

You could then build a trigger statement off of the state of this widget to alert you.

As @rsiegel says, you can use the mqtt api :slight_smile:

Oooo I like that. I have a VCC reading on one of my projects, I’ll have to turn that into a percent and use that.

1 Like

It also takes volts with a v as the unit type, and a “ratio” with r (I’m not quite sure a ratio of what – @croczey do you know?)

But it looks like those still displaying as a percentage, so probably best to stick with a % value for now :slight_smile:

1 Like