Now Live! Cayenne REST API for application developers

@ognqn.chikov @kreggly @Neoxelox @loslelazlo @tempmail.temp

Bumping this thread to let you know that this API is now live (it has been for a few days, you may have noticed the Create App button on your dashboard before this announcement).

Woow :slight_smile: I will test these days and maybe make a some step by step tutorial with the Intel Edison :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so excited… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I. Can. Hardly. Contain. My. Excitement.

Cheers,

Craig

3 Likes

Hi:
Please correct me if I´m wrong but what I have seen from the API is that it is Northbound interface, lets say, we can extract device info in order to develope our own GUI etc… I haven´t seen that we could generate HTTP/GET-POST Southbound traffic from a device with this interface, is that right?
Thanks!

I am having trouble to get the oauth2.0 token. I was using chrome postman. Is there any one can help me? Thanks

@xiaozhiyong1988 is this the same issue you had in this post?

Tagging @hcortes as I’m not familiar with this specific terminology

1 Like

Yes it is. Thanks.

Actually, there is a way. To send data using HTTP create a BYOT device then follow this:

curl --request POST \
  --url https://api.mydevices.com/things/THING_ID/data \
  --header 'authorization: Basic base64(MQTT_USERNAME:MQTT_PASSWORD)' \
  --header 'content-type: application/json' \
  --data '[
    {
        "channel": 100,
        "value": 27,
        "type": "temp",
        "unit": "c"
    }
]'
2 Likes

@ognqn.chikov @kreggly @loslelazlo @Neoxelox @tempmail.temp @tiendle @xiaozhiyong1988 Hello! We recently released a ‘Sample App’ for the purpose that it will help you get started with using the Cayenne API and provide examples. Can you take a look and let me know what you think? Does it help?

~Benny

2 Likes

When will u make tutorial on API

when will u make tutorial.Bro hurry up I have a project next month

Hi again @mohdsufiyanhussain,

The best tutorial that we have at this time is this one in the GitHub that I linked you the other day. Apologies if it isn’t sufficient for your needs, @hcortes should be able to answer any specific questions about it and we can use this feedback to improve it moving forward.

1 Like

there you have Cayenne API tutorial for beginners beginners with ai2/thunkable

3 Likes

Thanks @Neoxelox!

i want to ask what the problem if widget not can add and email notify not work

how do i find the auth token number

Have a look at this post Cayenne API tutorial for beginners beginners with ai2/thunkable

1 Like