RaspberryPI PCA9685 PWM Widget reset, Duty Cycle don't change & How to change frequency?

Hello to everybody out there…

I want to control a led driver by PWM Signal with a frequency of 1000, but i don’t know how to set it up… the PCA9685 shows up on the dashboard with the temporary widgets, i pinned the one i want to use, and to change the default frequency i changed it in init.py from 50 to 1000.

Is this the right way to do it?
But i don’t think that the wrong frequency is also the reason why the widget always reset immedatly after i did an input? what’s the problem for that and way more important how i can solve it?

thanks for your help

yes, that should work.

what do you mean by it reset immediately ?

immediatly is wrong. if i move the slider it stays there for a few seconds, until the next mqtt message had been send i think, then it goes back to neutral position.

I build my dashboard a few weeks ago with two dht22 sensors which send their data by mqtt, now i added the PCA9685 via ‘Add new’ but did not changed the script with which i connected the dht22’s to the cayenne dashboard. where do i find it to change it or what can i do else to connect the widget with the PWM Pin on the board.

I’m sorry for my bad english and greenhorn questions… learning a lot right now… home automation, linux, english xD

i guess you are familiar with python. You can use GitHub - myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python: Python Library for Cayenne MQTT API to connect to cayenne and this gives much more freedom.

until now everything worked with copy & paste and things like that… time seems over :smiley:
thanks for your answer, think i will be back in a few days with a bugy code and the next questions. be curios :smiley:

1 Like