Pca9685

When I go to add actuator and choose Generic and the PWM output then when i head to select the connectivity option then a red ban icon appears on the place where i had to make a selection.
Why so ?
Please help me.

to add the PCA9685 for raspberry pi agent you will need to add this plugin GitHub - myDevicesIoT/cayenne-plugin-pca9685: A PCA9685 plugin for Cayenne

1 Like

I am a beginner can you please help me where to add this plugin?

Installation process is given in the link I shared.

1 Like

I go to terminal of raspberry pi and run the commands but it is not workingpai%20terminal

you should be able to see some green widget on your cayenne dashboard when you restart the service. Add them by clicking on the + .

1 Like

it is same as it was

i mean on the device overview dashboard where all the widgets are present. You will need to restart it again while keeping the device dashboard open.

1 Like

If i gave you access of my desktop with team viewer can you do it ?

Have you connected your pca to your raspberry pi?

yes

on your pi terminal, restart the service again and share the log.

cd /etc/myDevices/plugins
tail -f /var/log/myDevices/cayenne.log

1 Like

ok let me try

what to do know it is showing some thing like this

that shows pca9685 is loaded properly and is creating green widget on your device dashboard.

1 Like

yes it is working thank you very very much

1 Like

currently it will create 16 widgets. you can disable them in cayenne_pca9685.plugin

1 Like

ok

Looking to drive a servo motor (0 to 180 degrees) using a slider control. Can anyone share a tutorial on how to do this so that I can do it easy?

there are two ways to do this:

1. Add a pca9685 plugin to your cayenne pi agent and then modify the plugin code to work with servo motor.
  2. Use adafruit servo example code Adafruit_Python_PCA9685/simpletest.py at master · adafruit/Adafruit_Python_PCA9685 · GitHub and add the cayenne python example code Cayenne-MQTT-Python/examples at master · myDevicesIoT/Cayenne-MQTT-Python · GitHub. this is much easier as just combine the two examples.
1 Like