RFID based attendance monitoring system

About This Project

This project is about monitoring the attendance of students in college or employees in a office.
each person will be assign a unique RFID tag.
this tag when scanned on the RFID reader it increments the previous value.
at the end of the month the teacher or manager comes to know the attendance of each person.
the value is stored in eeprom of esp8266 so when the power is switched it still retains the previous value.
this adds to that each teacher can carry this RFID reader along with them in particular class, plug and get the attendance.

What’s Connected

wemos d1 mini
mfrc522

Triggers & Alerts

no triggers are used.

Scheduling

no scheduling.

Circuit Diagram

Dashboard Screenshots

smart_attendance_1.ino.txt (5.0 KB)

Video

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this project @shramik_salgaonkar! What type of RFID tags/reader are you using for it? I’ve been curious about playing with RFID and Cayenne and was a bit overwhelmed when I saw the selection of tags and readers that were available.

Love this!

@rsiegel i am using MFRC522 (Arduino Playground - MFRC522) and using library (GitHub - miguelbalboa/rfid: Arduino RFID Library for MFRC522).

I was definitely curious how you were planning on displaying the data on the dashboard, and I really like what you have there! One suggestion, add an LED or buzzer so you know for sure a card has been scanned successfully. I developed a time clock and have noticed that sometimes the card reader will scan an error “E2” which I’m still not exactly sure what that means. Anyway, it’s easy enough to light a multi-color LED red for error and green for success.

@adam thank you.
have a look at my code. I have used the on board led of wemos mini as indication. it turns on when a card is successfully read. but while making the outer case i forgot to make a hole for it to be visible.
using a multi color led is a good solution. i will add it soon.

2 Likes

Such a great idea.

Thanks for the response. I was curious because I have crazy hobbyist plans to build an electronic board game using RFID :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if it is the best technology for my use case though, since I’m considering a fairly large number of pieces in a confined space which I think will require special shielding/interference considerations (not to mention excessive cost).

Love this project.i need your support and suggestion in my project.The idea is If an employee whose id is read in biometric there should be a green light indication automatically on the display board (name of all employee is sticked in a board).Please guide me how to proceed with this.
and the value adding activity is if he is coming late it should be displayed using an LCD . leave will be updated manually and LCD has to display it.

@sivaranjani you can have a look at the code and information above to get started.

you can replace rfid with biometric sensor and use a two state widget to see if a person is in or out.

Thanks a lot for your immediate response.As i am new to this,i dont know
where to look for the codes for your progrm.Could you please guide me how
to look into the codes and procedure.

here is the code.

1 Like

hola amigo me gusto tu trabajo hace tiempo que uso
rfid para abrir mi casa ahora podre llevar un registro de quien accede hace muy pocos días que inicie en cayenne hasta hora solo e conseguido cargar skechs y conectarme a cayenne me falta activar los canales 1-2-3-4 ya lo conseguire mil gracias por compartir tu proyecto con los novatos como yo saludos desde queretaro mexico

thanks, @riegosnaturales.
Have you finished your home project or you asking for any help with it?

no lo e terminado me falta programar los channel 0-1-2-3 y un Witget de relay si me recomiendas un tutorial sobre el tema seria perfecto
mil gracias

what do you want for channel 0, 1, 2, 3?
for relay, you can have a look at this: Cayenne Docs

que en data aparezca el cuando le cualquiera de las 4 tarjetas es leída
por el modulo

in the code you need to check for the correct card:

if (read_rfid == ok_rfid_1) {
        Cayenne.virtualWrite(0, 1, "digital_sensor", "d" );
    }

if the correct data is detected then make the widget on channel 0 as 1.
Similarly do it for others.

Ok voy a probar ni idea de donde pegarlo

have you got the RFID module connected to arduino and do you have the basic code to read rfid tag?