Bug Filed on 12-11-2015: GPIO ports cannot be accessed until manually accessed

1. Is this related to iOS or the online dashboard?

Not really. I’m changing the port status from LOW to HIGH through the dashboard, but this has been an issue since I was just using WebIOpi

2. Please describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail so we can quickly resolve.

This has been an issue with WebIOpi as well, so chances are it’s on my end but I’d figure I’d ask just in case it’s a known issue. In order to use the GPIO tab to set a port as HIGH or LOW or IN or OUT, I have to manually go into the SSH terminal and activate the port I’m trying to use. This will then allow me to use that port. Just for reference, I’m using GPIO 27 to trigger a relay. With webIOpi I would use a button a web page to activate the .js that webiopi provided. But again in that case, I had to manually access the port for it to work.

Hopefully thats enough info and is followable. It’s pretty late over here so I’m all over the place, lol. Anyway, thanks for the help and I’m happy to be a part of this.

Hi Caleb,

Once our agent is installed, you should not need to manually SSH into the terminal to activate any ports. Let us know if this is not the case.

We’re glad you are apart of this too!

~B

Once I activate the ports, I can use the dashboard to activate it or deactivate it. But if I reboot the port, I have to do it again manually. The agent is installed, if what you mean is the setup script that I got when I first signed up. However, this isn’t on a clean install of Raspbian and the r-pi itself is a Model B. I already had webIOpi installed prior.

That should be a bit more concise than my original post, hopefully.

A fresh install of raspbian has fixed this. The dashboard is much faster now, and I can access all of the GPIO ports. It must have been a combination of all the stuff I had done on the Pi as well as having WebIOpi installed.

Hi Caleb,

Glad this got figured out! I’ll resolve this now. Also, thanks for updating the post.

-B