Home automation with fire safety, intruder detection

About This Project

This is a simple home automation project using 2 arduino’s communicating via RF in which one of the arduino’s is a Master which communicates with the Cayenne dashboard also this arduino given the role to take all the sensor readings. The commands from the Cayenne dashboard is recieved by the Master and send to the slave arduino using RF modules which is used to drive all loads and security systems.
The slave arduino is also connected with a 4x4 keypad which is used to enter the password of the owner, it can also be used to control the loads using hand if something goes wrong with the internet conncetion @ home.

What’s Connected

Arduino Uno, Arduino Ethernet Sheild W5100, RF modules(433Mhz), MQ-7(CO-sensor),MQ-6(LPG gas sensor),PIR motion, custom built digital pressure sensor(basically a button switch array), 4 loads.rxer caymain.txt (4.3 KB)
cayenne main.txt (6.0 KB)

Triggers & Alerts

When ever there is a leakage of LPG there is a messaging alert and an exhaust fan turn on trigger.
When there is smoke level high the exhaust fan turns on and if its too high meaning fire causes the indoor sprinkler to turn ON. Temperature sensor does the same. When ever someone steps on the pressure sensor it alerts the user with a text message and triggers the alarm which can only be turned off with a password.

Scheduling

I used the scheduling feature to turn ON the hall light bulb to turn ON everyday @ 6pm

Dashboard Screenshots

(Paste screenshots of dashb

Photos of the Project

(Take some pictures of your project liv

Video

10 Likes

hey guys. This is my first IoT based project and i just wanna thank the cayenne team for a wonderfull platform for all the makers out there.

3 Likes

Thanks @proton029! Will relay the message to the Cayenne team. We love seeing projects built!

-B

1 Like