Ability to disable SPI UART pins

I have light and garage opener controlled by webiopi. I am using quite a few GPIOs for relays and contact sensors. When I started writing the app, I chose GPIOs which I noticed Cayenne has assigned to specific potential sensors. Is there anyway to get around this? Basically, what happens is that when I add a relay for instance, the channels available are 17,18, 22,23,24,25 and 27. I am using 7,8,9,10,11,14,15, but these are not available on the drop down list.

1 Like

@eptak I’ve not seen this before. Do you have insight?

Channels you want to use are configured for SPI and UART. We will give option to disable that later.

Thanks guys. Sounds good.

Moving this to Ideas / Suggestions category so it can be added to road map, hope you don’t mind.

-B

I would also be interested in this feature. I need 18 GPIO pins, some in and some out, that I can simply drive high or low. I’ve been using Webiopi which allows this. I would love to upgrade to cayenne… the app is great, and I love the alerts. Does anyone know if there are any plans to add this feature to cayenne yet??

I need to use SPI pins as normal HIGH and LOW, can change from phone but in drop list missing.
please give feedback