Ability to export/download data

Is there a way to download/export sensor data?

Something simple could be implemented with a trigger that after XX day(s)/week(s) all the raw data from YY sensor is emailed to user as CSV file. This would allow further data analysis by the user instead of simply viewing it through your online graphs where data points are averaged depending on the time scale selected.

I’m not sure how long the data resides on your servers and when it is parsed to averages after a given time frame (and therefore losing data?) but having the ability to at least manually download the raw data would be nice.

Thanks,
Carl

2 Likes

This is coming :slight_smile:

Excellent!

This has been implemented.

Please let us know if you have more feedback regarding this feature.

-B

I have been testing the data history download. It works, but … The CSV file only includes the data points that are shown in the line chart, even though Cayenne obviously retains more data points than that. Integration into IoT implies Big Data, not little data. I would like to be able to download a complete data set, using a date picker and possibly a interval picker. And alternatively, a direct data stream into Splunk. Splunk will deal with csv and odbc connections. Any progress on that API yet? What will its capabilities be? BTW, I am collecting temperature data, and will be adding energy consumption data soon.

i do not seethe “download” icon on the line chart

You won’t see if for Arduino sensors, we haven’t released that yet. I’m assuming you were using a sensor connected to an Arduino ?

-B

No, I’m using a Raz pi with a DS18B20

Hi @ray.mosely,

I’ll look into this. Certainly we want to be sure that we are giving you ALL possible data we have for that sensor.

-B

Interesting, I just looked into this. If you click on the Raspberry Pi device on the left side panel and view the sensor widget, you should be able to download the data history. It appears an oversight on our part to not put the download icon when viewing the widget in a project view.

-B

I am not able to get that to work. I tried several variations, and nothing showed a download option, other than the line graph. A download from the line graph only seems to download the displayed data points.

Yep you got it. So that is the first iteration of our release for ability to download data. We will be improving the download data feature, hang in there!

In the meantime, you might try viewing the data as the 1 year view and then downloading the data, rather than downloading the data when viewing the graph on LIVE view.

-B

Nice job guys. Thanks.

To reinforce what Ray suggests above — future improvements would be to allow us to download all data points instead of just the ones displayed on the graph. For instance, if I am interested in the details of my temperature logging over the week, I need to see the temperature data for every minute of the week. Yes, 10,000 pts but that is the detail needed.

Also, perhaps a way to offload the data is to have the option of a trigger setup so data can me emailed out every day/week as the user desires. One could even setup a way to capture the emails into a separate folder or dropbox share for later analysis.

Carl

Hi Guys!

I know this is an old post…
But is there actually a way of retrieving detailed data for the whole “year” period?
It would be really useful, and avoid the SD card module and all the hassle it implies.
(Yes, I’m using arduino IDE, on a ESP8266)

Thanks in advance…
Cheers!
Marc

2 Likes

Hi Marc,

No worries, I think I have a solution for you, but just to double check, are you using the MQTT connectivity, or not? These devices log differently to our database so I want to make sure I give you the correct solution.

1 Like

Hi,

MQTT for me!

Thanks for replying this old thread :slight_smile:

1 Like