Accessing Raw Data in Cayenne

Hello everyone,
I am using the Raspberry Pi 2 Model with Raspbian 7 Debian installed.
My project is to sense and log the temperature of a motor as well as its power draw. What I am wondering is if there is any way to access the actual raw sensor data that Cayenne gathers? If this is not possible directly through the app is there a secondary app I could use on my Pi to do this? Ideally I would like to be able to also have a comma separated list of this data. Any help is very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt,

Welcome!

You’re not the first to ask for this… short answer, we’re opening up an API so you can get the data, and sooner than later we’re going to allow you to download a CSV of all data gathered. Linking the relevant posts too:

Thanks for your fast reply.
Cheers,
Matt

These features looks good.

I am after being able to generating and forward live ‘Generic Variables’ data from weird, one off, variable data within the Pi. I.e. My own py scripts and gadgets from e.g. odd ball sensors, counters and devices make up a number. I would like to be able to pass this number forward ‘Pi >> Cayenne’ as a live Generic Variable. This can be then picked up within Cayenne and treated the same as any other sensor input. I feel this would be ‘most liberating’ and allow me to go off and get on the the front end hardware but put the results on line in the fastest way possible.

Once that is sorted, or at the same time I would like my python programs in the Pi to be able to read back data direct into a py script.

~ Andrew