Avoiding a trigger flood

I set up a temperature sensor on my hot tub heater to send me a message when it reaches a certain temp (32 c) Problem is that once it hits the number the sensor will read 32c then send the message then the sensor reads 31.9 and then in reads 32, sends a message. This can happen a number of times until it stays past the 32. Mean time it has probably sent me 10 plus emails. Anyway to say send one email then not again for another set amount of time if it goes above the set temp? Which it wont because it will be well above 32c by then.

Hi @kpetrace and welcome to the Cayenne Community.

This is a good suggestion and something we are going to look at implementing in the future, thank you for the feedback. There is no way to rate limit the notifications at this time, but your use case makes plenty of sense and we need to add something to allow this.

Hi, I know this is an old topic but is there any new information on this issue? I’m having the same problem.

edit: misread the original post here. I’m not aware of any rate limiting for notifications at this time.

Hi andre1, we are working on finding a solution to this issue. We’ll make an announcement when ready. thanks!