Bug Filed on 02-08-2016: Trigger error note

1. What OS? (Wheezy or Jessie)

Jessie 8.0/Jessie 8.0

2. What class/size SD card? (ex. class 10 16gb)

8GB C10/16GB U1

3. What Model Pi? (A+, A, B+, B, Pi2)

RPi2b/RPi2B

4. Please describe the bug / issue. Attaching any relevant screenshots would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.

I have a trigger set to turn on an LED on ‘RPi - LED’s’ when a temperature on ‘RPi - in/outside 18B20’ is exceeded. The anticipated lighting of the LED did not occur when the threshold was reached and I noted there was a note under the trigger that there was an “Error running trigger”. Is there any way we can see what that error might be? I can turn on/off the LED’s by mashing down on the ‘switch’ on the dashboard.

This is what the errors look like on the dashboard.

This is the trigger set up.

This is the switch set up.

Thanks,
Ian

Thank you for letting us know we are looking into this issue.

-Sumeet

Thank you so much for the thorough bug report. It helps us a lot. We can easily replicate your setup and will update this thread when we have resolution.

-B

Update: the problem seems to be intermittent. That should help streamline solving the problem, or not. :wink:

I looked at the notes today and the blue LED that had the error earlier (assuming the latest is on the top of the list and older on the bottom) activated this morning after several previous errors and the green LED that had successfully triggered in the past posted an error.

On a separate but similar note, any chance we could get these notes in the triggers time stamped as to when they occur?

-Ian

We have a fix for this and will be pushed out during our next release. Also the time stamp (will take the place of the word ‘relative’).

-B

This should be fixed, please let us know if the issue come up again. Thanks!

-B