DHT11, DHT22 Sensors

Add me too. Have 5 DHT22 Sensors running currently.

Ah, this would be fantastic! I’ve just started playing around with Cayenne with the hope I could use my DHT11 humidity and temperature sensor, but it currently is not supported. It would be amazing if it could, soon, because there are some ideas I already have in mind.

PS - This sensor can be integrated with Beebotte.com - it’s more of a dashboard than anything, but I currently have it logging the temp and humidity of our office as the girls always say they are too cold when the air con comes on and it’s unbearable for us guys wearing shirts and troursers! Ha!

@mase.hacker @marthinus.swanepoel @raspberrycoulis Hang in there. This is by far the most asked for sensor to integrate so we are absolutely going to do it. It’s a matter of time.

-B

2 Likes

I am interested on DHT11-22. Please give if possible a rough estimation on timeline. 1 month, 1 year?

Maybe this helps:

Thank you guys

1 Like

I am also interested in using my DHT22 with Cayenne and Pi. Jumping on the bandwagon!

Thanks!

1 Like

@glasermrk @adytoader @raspberrycoulis @marthinus.swanepoel @mase.hacker @hiren.shah @nicolasortuzari @faljeremy @brucecalder @timwellington @kreggly @mat_oldaker @will @Mr.Allen @maurifree

Looks like @Ian got a DHT11 in Cayenne!

We’re still planning on integrating support for DHT11 and Raspberry Pi, but using an Arduino would be a work around until that happens :slight_smile:

-B

1 Like

Thanks Benny! Throw me under the bus :worried:.

Here’s the bottom line up front-
When it comes to code, I know just enough to be dangerous!
This is a conglomeration of the Adafruit DHT and Cayenne code.
I’m sure there is a better or more correct way to do it, regardless here it is-

DHT_Cay.txt (3.2 KB)

YMMV,

-Ian

2 Likes

I’m using Adafruit python library to read humidity and temperature with dht11 sensor then log to my own server. It’s lovely if dht11 is supported.

If I could read humanity, I would be far richer than I am now :wink:

It should be very readable. Get yourself one!

1 Like

thank! edited!

You can do it with Arduino Dashboard values don't update - #10 by kreggly

Add me to the supporters of DHT11 please!

but when? i was waiting for new ios app but no sensors was added

me too

Me too, please!

Is there any news about this?

For raspberry pi, nothing yet. If you have an Arduino you can see my link up the page a bit to get it working there.

Hi team, I am really with all the team waiting for the integration of the DHT11 with the raspberry pi 3 into Cayenne, do you know when this could happen?

Thanks a lot, great IOT app

Another wanting easy integration of the DHT11 for Arduino :slight_smile:

Hi @mikejunor_cayenne

Check out this post for some code that @ats1080s made to get the DHT11/22 sensors working with Arduino and Cayenne. We’ll be adding official support for this sensor on both Pi and Arduino soon, it’s clear this is probably the #1 community requested feature at this point – we hear you.

3 Likes