I am trying to use Cayenne for the first time. I am using an ESP8266 so I started with this webpage: ESP8266
But I have found this very confusing so far. I believe I am an average Arduino user and I wanted to let you know about this so it might be improved. So here goes:
- The example sketch on the tutorial webpage is different from the example in the Cayenne library ESP8266 folder (ESP8266.ino)
- The next part is “TMP36 Temperature Sensor” but then proceeds to set up a button that controls an led. ?
- The settings shown to be made for the led are very different from the settings shown on the dashboard. In addition there is a “step 1” that says “code” that must be executed before proceeding but that is not mentioned in the tutorial.
- The note about combining the sketch differences is very confusing and I don’t know what to do here at all.
- Now it says to push the button to toggle the led but I am lost before this.
- The next part that begins “In the Cayenne dashboard, you can now click the Step 2: Add Sensor button…” I don’t see “step 2” anywhere.
- The picture of the dashboard no longer shows the LED widget that was added?
- Now there’s a section on Actuators, and you’re adding a led again, but it’s an actuator instead of a sensor?
- After this section there is a picture of the dashboard but it doesn’t look right it’s completely different with different widgets on it.
- The troubleshooting section discussing Ethernet connections which are not for the ESP8266.
In general I am very confused with the system and find it difficult to proceed. I have used Blynk previously and found it simple to set up and use. I believe Caynenne is similar, but the intro tutorial is very confusing for me.