Home page for iOS app

Hey!

When we open the iOS app, it goes straight to Devices. I would love for it to open on Projects, or have the choice somewhere !
Is that something other people want ? or is it just me ?

Cheers!!

1 Like

Yes, I would also like to set the default page-
I have several ā€œprojectsā€, each device is basically a different project.
It would be nice to be able to set a default for each piece of electronics.

Iā€™m more about several devices = one project ! Or one device several projects !
Anyway, you get the idea!
Keep the good work guys, loving cayenne !

oh, Iā€™ve done thatā€¦:slight_smile:

I would like to figure out how to rename the current project. Itā€™s named as the default project when you first start building your widgets. But, clicking on a device should take you to a particular project linked to that device. Like when you print in windows and it prints to default printer unless you choose a different printer, similar I think.

Ah, you can use the ā€œgearā€ on the right side ribbon- no?
and to ā€œaddā€ a project,
just click the ā€œ+ā€ :wink:

Just wanted to rename the tab at the top of current un-named project. If I add a project then I would have to rebuild all the widgets and triggers and schedule, no? Iā€™ve done so many do overs thanks to bugs in the system although the bugs thankfully seem to be getting less and less.

William

Well, in my web interface, when I open a project and select the wheel gear on the right I have ā€œEdit Project Nameā€ as described by Bill, would be what you are looking for no?

Cheers

I made the mistake of not starting a new project tab in the beginning so all my devices donā€™t show under any project name, all lumped together under no tab or project name. The gear in this instance only has configure and reset dashboard.

William

I donā€™t think soā€¦
your devices are still there, but you get another button face.

Ok Billy boy, your are correct. I create a project and name it, then drag and drop my device to that project, silly me :blush:

Thatā€™s the way! :wink:

perhaps not the whole deviceā€¦
you can just drag and drop, like, a single buttonā€¦
or 2 buttons from 12 devicesā€¦

-not so easy if youā€™re using the SPI bus on an Esp device. :frowning:
Iā€™m bit banging away to try and make my 8 channel Analog/Digital 12-bit WiFi voltmeter work with Cayenne. Iā€™m at my frustration levelā€¦