Integration does not deliver data

Hi there,

I’m a newbee, but have been reading a lot in this forum. Have been setting up an Arduino project that uses the TTN for data transport. Data is flowing and a temperature and humidity sensor are simulated.

• My raw payload is : 01 67 02 1E 02 68 00 1E
  • My Device EUI : 0013602AF1864B2F
  • I use ABP device activation in TTN
  • Copied my Process ID correctly
  • Changed the Payload format to LPP
  • Cayenne integration on TTN shows “running”

Questions:

1. My Cayenne dashboard stays empty, will the 2 gauges be created automatically?
  2. How can I debug the flow of data from TTN to mydevices?
  3. I also deleted the application and device with fresh key’s but no success.

Hopefully somebody can help me with this one.

Reagards,
Newbee Remon :slight_smile:

Hi,
On TTN, do you see the Uplinks coming in under Applications > [your application] > Data?
for exampe:

We’re checking our database to see if we’re getting data from your device.
We’ll keep you posted on this.

Thanks.
-Jesse

1 Like

Hi @Remon,
After checking our database, I have confirmed we’re seeing data coming in. The last payload I see is 00010701650342026700C6, which is decoded to:

`{
        "channel": 0,
        "type": "digital_actuator",
        "unit": "d",
        "value": 7,
        "name": "Digital Output (0)"
    },
    {
        "channel": 1,
        "type": "lum",
        "unit": "lux",
        "value": 834,
        "name": "Luminosity (1)"
    },
    {
        "channel": 2,
        "type": "temp",
        "unit": "c",
        "value": 19.8,
        "name": "Temperature (2)"
    }
]`

Does this look correct?
Are you still not able to see any data on your Cayenne Dashboard?
If possible, post screenshots of what you’re seeing on Cayenne.

Thanks.
-Jesse

1 Like

Hi Jesse,

For some unknown reason it started working today. :slight_smile: All of my data is showing perfectly now except my GPS location, the widget is there but no location information is shown. Am I doing something wrong here?

I am sending the data in LLP trough the TTN network, these are the GPS fields that seem to be fine to me. Hopefully you can help me on this one.

“gps_12”: {
“altitude”: 7,
“latitude”: 52.1786,
“longitude”: 5.3069
},

Regards,
Remon

Hi @Remon,
Glad to see it’s working now.

Regarding GPS, can you provide me some example payloads that you have sent with GPS location?
Also, just to confirm, is this the location you’re trying to get with those coordinates?

Thanks
-Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks again for your support on this.

Yes, the coordinates are correct as wel as the location. On my Iphone I do see the correct map and address, but in my web browser I only see a worldmap without a pin on it. Also I noticed problems customizing the witgets. They sometimes dissapear and they are different on my mobile app.

Maybe data is getting into your system, but the widgets just are not stable.

What is your opinion?

Regards,
Remon

Hi @Remon,

Yes, it definitely sounds like the widgets are not stable.
Would it be possible to PM me your Login & Password, so we can take a look at the issue you’re seeing? Or if you can share a few screenshots, that would be helpful.

Thanks.
-Jesse

Here is the payload that I have been sending, note that most of the values are still zero because it’s not connected to the rest of the system. Input 9 is the number of sat’s and 10 is the GPS fix.

{
“analog_in_5”: 0,
“analog_in_6”: 0,
“analog_in_7”: 0,
“analog_in_8”: 0,
“digital_in_10”: 1,
“gps_12”: {
“altitude”: 13,
“latitude”: 52.1786,
“longitude”: 5.3069
},
“relative_humidity_1”: 0,
“relative_humidity_11”: 0,
“relative_humidity_2”: 0,
“relative_humidity_9”: 7,
“temperature_3”: 0,
“temperature_4”: 0
}

Please note that the GPS widget does not display a location.

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your help, I still don’t have a working GPS widget in my
dashboard. Other problems:

1.On the left hand side in the list of sensors, for some reason icons
change randomly;

2.On the left hand side some of the names do not match the names on the
right hand side;

3.The dashboard on my iPhone 7 is totaly different and I have different
options per gauge?

Regards,
Remon

Hi @Remon,
Thanks for sharing this info.

1 & 2, we’re working on a fix.

For #3, you say you have different options per gauge on iOS vs the Web Dashboard. Can you clarify what you mean by that? Maybe provide some specific examples?

Thanks.

Hi Jesse,

Still no GPS location on my worldmap, this my main concern.
The Gauges are far less important.

Regards,
Remon

Today I noticed that the GPS tracking works better in the IoS app. Today I performed a driving test and during this test, when data was flowing in, everything worked fine. But now, several hours later, I cannot display the data of the driving test. There is not even a map “No data available for this period” (doen’t matter what period I select).

Hi @Remon,
So just to clarify, you have your LoRa device ON & transmitting GPS data, but it doesn’t show up on the iOS app or web? Or just the web?

Thanks.
-Jesse

Hi @jcruz,

Sorry, was in Italy for a (very freezing) skiing holiday.

In the IoS app, the map is sometimes shown. I noticed that it works better what I start driving around with my device. In the normal web version (Chrome) I can see a world map, but without any pin that shows me the location of my device. Also, it does not zoom in on my location.

Today I deleted the IoT LLP device from my dashboard, added it again, but no data is received from TTN. This seems exactly the same as I had in the beginning. It was never clear to me why data started to flow suddenly back then. In the TTN dashboard, I can see the data received from my device.

Regards,
Remon

Hi @Remon,

I believe we have found there’s some issues with the GPS widgets.
On the web, if you have data coming in & you refresh, do you start seeing your GPS points?

Thanks.

Great news that you have found a lead.

In the meantime, I deleted the device and recreated it again but no data from TTN in flowing into the dashboard and also it is still empty. (Dev EUI: 0013602AF1864B2F)
Data is flowing to the TTN network and the integration is running with the correct key.

Cheers,
Remon

Hi @Remon,

I took a look at your account. It looks like you registered the device incorrectly. You set the Network Server as Actility, instead of TTN. I have deleted it & readded it correctly for you.
Can you power on the device & try again?

Thanks.
-Jesse

Thanks for correcting it for me, but I don’t understand what you have corrected.

I only added a new IoT device of the type LPP and entered the DevEUI. In the TTN dash, I added the Cayenne integration using the reference number in the URL of mydevices.com. What did I forget to do?

Data is flowing again now, but still no location on the map om my laptop. On my iPhone in the app the location is shown correctly. :slight_smile:

Remon

Hi @Remon,

When adding a LoRa device, you must select the Network Server on the left hand side.

Each Network Server communicates in its own way to us, so it is important to select the right one, otherwise, we won’t be able to properly read the data coming the Network Server.

On the Web, can you try refreshing & see if the GPS points show up?

Thanks.
-Jesse

Thanks @jcruz !

I simply did not notice the option on the right and went straight for the LPP device type. Thanks for point out the correct way to add my TTN device,

I have attached a screenprint of the web browser with no location indicator (I added the red star to point out the current location). I also have added the GPS widget on my iPhone app, it does show the actual location perfectly.

Chrome:

IoS:

At this time, my device does not move, might this be a problem?

Regards,
Remon